New hardware from Commodore USA
Jerry Heyman
2011-04-07 17:37:31 UTC
While not what we had hoped, you can find out more information at

http://www.commodoreusa.net

jerry
--
// Jerry Heyman |
// Amiga Forever :-) | "Two centuries ago, government was
\X/ http://www.hobbeshollow.com
Ryan P.
2011-04-08 00:30:45 UTC
Post by Jerry Heyman
While not what we had hoped, you can find out more information at
http://www.commodoreusa.net
Gotta wonder what sorts of people they have in their focus groups that
tells them they will make money off of this... I honestly don't see
anyone but hobbyists purchasing one!

Its possible it could be used as a media center, but who would want
something shaped like that in their living room?
Jerry Heyman
2011-04-08 02:37:24 UTC
Post by Ryan P.
Post by Jerry Heyman
While not what we had hoped, you can find out more information at
http://www.commodoreusa.net
Gotta wonder what sorts of people they have in their focus groups that
tells them they will make money off of this... I honestly don't see
anyone but hobbyists purchasing one!
For the C64 and the VIC20 look alikes, I agree. The only appeal might be
to those nostalgic for the "good old days".
Post by Ryan P.
Its possible it could be used as a media center, but who would want
something shaped like that in their living room?
The Amiga named systems are much sharper, and could easily work as Media
Centers. Again, I don't have a clue what/why - but he's made a big splash
with articles in the NYTimes, foxnews.com, cnn.com, etc...

jerry
\X/ http://www.hobbeshollow.com
Jerry Heyman

\X/ http://www.hobbeshollow.com
Joerg Jaeger
2012-03-13 01:22:42 UTC
Post by Jerry Heyman
While not what we had hoped, you can find out more information at
http://www.commodoreusa.net
jerry
Honestly, i am think i like the C64 version. Good keyboard and hopefully
also compatible with the old software.

If somebody already bought it, a hands on review would be nice to read.

I am soon in for some new hardware. Maybe that will be what i buy. :)
--
ACCESS DENIED...

/\_/\
____/ o o \
/~____ =ΓΈ= /
(______)__m_m) el cato
Clocky
2012-03-18 11:03:48 UTC
Post by Joerg Jaeger
Post by Jerry Heyman
While not what we had hoped, you can find out more information at
http://www.commodoreusa.net
jerry
Honestly, i am think i like the C64 version. Good keyboard and
hopefully also compatible with the old software.
If somebody already bought it, a hands on review would be nice to read.
I am soon in for some new hardware. Maybe that will be what i buy. :)
Too expensive for what is essentially a Linux box running an emulator housed
in an un-ergonomic breadbox lookalike with a custom keyboard.