Connecting A500 to modern TV/monitor?
Rich Carreiro
2011-02-17 17:01:04 UTC
Is there any way to connect an A500 to a LCD TV or
computer monitor?

Rich Carreiro rlc-***@rlcarr.com
Bobbie Sellers
2011-02-17 17:29:10 UTC
Post by Rich Carreiro
Is there any way to connect an A500 to a LCD TV or
computer monitor?
--
It depends on the available connectors and the
range of supportted frequencies.

<http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=183>

later & good luck with your A500
bliss
Clocky
2011-02-20 04:21:49 UTC
Post by Bobbie Sellers
Post by Rich Carreiro
Is there any way to connect an A500 to a LCD TV or
computer monitor?
--
It depends on the available connectors and the
range of supportted frequencies.
You might have to go to an external scan doubler.
It might not work with all games or even comfortably
with all the serious packages like word and data processors.
The URL below should tell you more about the adapter
and I must say this item is far more compact than the item
I had seen before as well as cheaper.
<http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=183>
I don't think many games will work with that adapter as the screen modes
listed are workbench ones and games generally hit the hardware directly.
Anssi Saari
2011-02-20 13:34:28 UTC
Post by Clocky
Post by Bobbie Sellers
<http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=183>
I don't think many games will work with that adapter as the screen modes
listed are workbench ones and games generally hit the hardware directly.
I suppose that adapter is just a physical one? I.e. very few VGA
monitors will show anything from an A500 with it. OTOH, a multisync
monitor will be fine, but those are kinda rare now.

They do seem to have the real deal too in stock, "Indivision ECS
Scandoubler / Flicker Fixer", a link from the abovementioned page.
Clocky
2011-02-18 22:58:50 UTC
Post by Rich Carreiro
Is there any way to connect an A500 to a LCD TV or
computer monitor?
A520 modulator has colour composite out, so just connect that to the
composite input of the LCD TV (or computer monitor if it has composite input
as some do).

If you want better picture quality you might need a scandoubler, not sure
where you would find one these days.
Markus Faust
2011-02-28 13:14:30 UTC
Post by Rich Carreiro
Is there any way to connect an A500 to a LCD TV or
computer monitor?
In Europe many TV sets are equipped with a SCART connector, which can
(on some models) be used to input RGB signals:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

I don't know how common this connector is in the USA or if there are
alternative ways for feeding RGB signals to a TV.

I have connected my A1200 to a Samsung T240HD via a selfmade cable like
this:
http://pinouts.ru/VideoCables/AmigaScart_pinout.shtml
After turning off all the "image enhancement" algorithms on the T240HD
this works quite well.

One more hint for building a cable yourself:
Use quality cable with 75ohm coaxial cables at least for the RGB
components (an old vga cable should be fine).

HTH
Markus
alpha12
2014-01-31 17:09:01 UTC
can get an rgb scart lead from ebay £8.99
Niels Pedersen
2014-02-23 07:32:49 UTC
there are cheaper ways to do this

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=30752