Sick CDTV: black screen, but runs programs
Daniele Gratteri
2010-01-02 11:36:19 UTC
Hello to everybody! Many wishes of an happy 2010! :-)

Unfortunately the last days of the 2009 made my CDTV sick: it doesn't
display screens anymore, both via RGB or composite (from the genlock)
output. It does run software on CDs and on floppy disk, e.g. I can hear
the typical sounds from the drive made by Workbench while loading.

Has anyone got an idea? I tried to replace Denise, but got no luck. I
think Agnus does manage memory too so I hope it is not the sick
component, being an 8375 on a MegAChip.
Can someone point me to a good troubleshooting guide?

Thanks!
--
___ __
/ __|___ Daniele Gratteri, Italian Commodore-Amiga user... ///
\___| E-MAIL: ***@gratteri.tk ...since 1990 \///
Michael van Elst
2010-01-02 12:10:00 UTC
Post by Daniele Gratteri
Unfortunately the last days of the 2009 made my CDTV sick: it doesn't
display screens anymore, both via RGB or composite (from the genlock)
output.
When RGB failed too I would suspect a faulty Vidiot (video hybrid). See

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48461

for a similar case.
Michael van Elst
Internet: ***@serpens.de
Daniele Gratteri
2010-01-04 08:14:42 UTC
Post by Michael van Elst
When RGB failed too I would suspect a faulty Vidiot (video hybrid). See
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=48461
for a similar case.
Thanks for the tip, it exactly seems to be my case!
--
___ __